• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Movies I-III

darktruth

C3F Member

Anybody else watching the planned movie trilogy for the 3rd and final route of the Fate/Stay Night anime series? I just recently got in my Japanese bluray import for the 2nd film, "Lost Butterfly", and watched movies 1 and 2 back to back. As always, ufotable did an excellent job in animating the fight battle scenes but I'm really more focused on the story in this route adaptation and Sakura's character since she's the actual focus of this entire route.

I found the dream sequence of Sakura's little fairytale part was an interesting juxtaposition on her gradual transition into Dark Sakura, although I did figure out that fairytale dream was really just Dark Sakura's nightly murdering spree a few minutes before the actual reveal, when she hit one of the soft toys and it exploded into candies before she started eating them. That gave me a red flag that the toy was representing one of the many human victims she was consuming.

The scene of Shirou attempting to kill Sakura with a knife (but not going through with it) while she was sleeping is probably one of the other notable scene for me. His emotional distress at facing the possibility of having to kill the one he loves to stop the murdering spree that's been affecting Fuyuki City was pretty heartwrenching.

The third and final film, "Spring Song", won't be out in Japanese cinemas until Spring 2020 and add on top of that another 6 or 7 months wait before it gets released on bluray in Japan. I'm really curious on which ending to the Heaven's Feel route will be used for the movie adaptation (normal or true ending) but I wonder if the title of the 3rd movie is a hint of the ending they're choosing to animate (those who have played the original Fate visual novel and completed the Heaven's Feel route will know what I'm talking about 😉). Already looking forward either way to finish watching this movie trilogy adaptation next year.

Here's a short teaser for the 3rd and final film

And here's a quick unboxing video I did for the Japanese limited edition bluray import I got in 😁

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
I'm watching it. Actually, just saw Lost Butterfly, like you back-to-back with Presage Flower, a few days ago and it was awesome. The story, the pacing, the action, the animation, the music - I was eyegasming and eargasming throughout the movie.

I actually think the direction and story pacing and focus was even tighter than in the first movie. I wish Saber Alter could have had a few more lines just as a little hint to her personality switch, but the fight was goddamn spectacular and I appreciate the focus on Sakura and her character development. I also appreciate the fact that they didn't go down the route of mana dolphins or whatever, like in the UBW TV anime and actually did a very tasteful scene for that certain "relationship moment".

Looking forward to Spring Song, but it's gonna be a long wait. At least Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files still has a few episodes left, so I'll get some solid Fate dosage for a few more weeks at least. :D