• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
In an effort to test some of the functionality of the site/forum bridge, I have posted this thread. Take a read of it and let me know what you think.

I’ve been working on a special project recently that reminded me of something very interesting that I had forgotten all about…
This is a subject that I’ve wanted to talk about ever since I was running a little site called “The Bubblegum Crisis Center” back in the early 2000s. The mystery involves the last spin-off of Bubblegum Crisis to be released called Parasite Dolls.
It all starts with the existence of an image I saw back in 2001, when I was looking around the Internet, trying to learn as much as I could about an anime I had started watching on TV called Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.

This particular image depicted a number of characters from, what was described as, “a new BGC series” by the title of “Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040” coming out in 1998. While I found this fan site in 2001, it was very old, and indeed, this image was also very old, dating all the way back to the mid-1990s.
However, the problem with...
Continue reading...

Kyuu

Catfish
The blog comment function doesn't work yet?

Everything else seems to be in order, at least on my browser (Firefox 66.0.2)

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@Kyuu It does work, the thing I'm trying to fix is the styling so that the comments on the blog entry page looks like how it looks here along with all the cool little functions that the forum has built into it. I've figured out how to do it, but it'll take time to redo the html/css so it doesn't conflict with the site's html/css elements.

However, the important thing is that I still want to know what you think about the article. :p

darktruth

C3F Member
That old image of Parasite Dolls would be interesting to find its origins. I know in the article you mentioned you found it on a fansite, but then that means the image must have come from somewhere from a Japanese source right? AIC's old website? Scan from a Japanese anime magazine?

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@darktruth It looks like it may have come from the old AIC website. Most likely an image from a news article posted there. It's definitely not a scan because it has the image bevel filter commonly found on websites made in the mid to late 90s.