• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
All my life, if I ever had to drink anything it was always cold. I never liked warm or hot drinks of any kind, so it is no wonder that I ended up staying away from coffee, until now.
I guess hanging around a bunch of habitual coffee drinkers would eventually lead me down a path to actually try it for once… or twice… or more. Every day, when we’re at work, I see them drinking coffee and for years I never gave it a second thought.
Of course, just like with most things I do, on a whim I decided to try some just to see what all the fuss is about. And, of course, just like with most things I do, I had to try things to the extreme and go for the choice not recommended for novices.
If I was going to experience coffee, I needed to know what actual coffee tasted like, so none of this stuff where they add things to the coffee, I just wanted black coffee.

A day before, I asked a guy I work with what kind of coffee he...
Continue reading...

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
Woah dude, how did you go all this time without ever trying a coffee?

I don't mind coffee, but like you, I much prefer cold drinks. Caffeine also hits me like a truck, so I only use it when I need it. I went from using coffee for this, to energy drinks, to currently where I just screw the entire 'drink' thing and just use straight caffeine pills.

You should try iced coffee. You might like the cold

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@jigos yeah, I should try iced coffee.

Since writing this entry, I've tried a Latte and it was alright... I still don't know what to feel about coffee, though. I'm still in that breaking in period where I have to get use to it and "acquire the taste" as people like to say.

I'm getting into coffee because I've been told that a bit of coffee along with exercise is a good thing, so when I start getting back into the whole exercise routine at the start of next month, I'll be good to go with more weight loss... and hopefully a little bit of muscle gain, though I need to eat more meat for that too.

But yeah... going from coke to coffee... it's a BIG difference.

(it feels a lot more "la-di-da")

Rebel

C3F Member
Almost any coffee you can get hot, you can also get cold, though then you'll have to decide on if you want it over ice or blended! Sometimes I don't blame people for taking 20 minutes to order their coffee, there's so many choices.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
So far, I've had three long blacks, two cappuccino's, two mocha's and a latte from a number of places around town.

I'm finding that the first place I had a long black at seemed to be the best. Still don't know about this whole coffee thing, but I'll keep at it.

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
I had an iced coffee today; was dope

Iced coffee can really really vary in quality; just fyi. May pay to ask people where the best is served if one wants to try it out without getting put off forever, lol

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@jigos: I hang out with coffee drinkers who know their stuff so they've been guiding me through it all. They know the best places to get coffee in town and the places that have the best iced coffee, etc.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
After a month of drinking coffee, I think I've gotten use to the whole thing. My go to coffee is a Latte, but I do drink a Long Black from time to time when I'm at a good coffee place.