• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

What are you playing right now?

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut on my twitch stream lately... I'm up to the part where they inserted the DLC into the game.

I'm kinda not doing so well in it, lol. But it's funny how badly I'm failing simple things in that game.

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
Ahh yes, the Deus Ex games kicked my ass too 😅 -- but perhaps because I was extremely perfectionist about it: I had to Ghost everything. I would progress for 5 seconds and then rage-reload after being spotted by an NPC.

Game is actually one of my favorites of all time, and I basically have a man-crush on Adam Jensen lol. It also has my single favourite video game trailer of all time.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
lol, yeah, I stealth through those games as well, though with Human Revolution, any time I mess up, I just stand out in the open and get myself killed which takes only a second to do since I never spec into any of the defensive skills.

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
I've been playing Watch Dogs (the first one) until a few days ago. I finished the main campaign and now I'm takinga short break before doing Bad Blood, the DLC campaign. Before that I was playing Devil May Cry 5 and before that Resident Evil 2 (Remake), both really good games - short, but with a high replay value and fun factor.

Rebel

C3F Member
Star Trek: Online mostly. It's largely single-player, it caters to my ever-lasting desire to fly around in a space-ship and shoot lasers at stuff. It's also really easy to jump in, do a few things, hang out with folks briefly, and then hop out.

There don't seem to be any good RTS' on the market and BioWare seems to be the only company making RPGs that are up my alley, but after Andromeda I'm not terribly interested in giving them my money anymore.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Star Trek: Online mostly. It's largely single-player, it caters to my ever-lasting desire to fly around in a space-ship and shoot lasers at stuff. It's also really easy to jump in, do a few things, hang out with folks briefly, and then hop out.
At some point in time, I do actually want to try out Star Trek Online... the only problem is that I don't feel like I have the time to sink into it with everything else going on in my life.

(Also, protip: You can highlight part of a person's post and then a "quote" button will appear under the hightlight. Click it and then go down to the post box at the bottom of the page and click the button to add the post into the post box... it's so good.)

Bob Lion54

Junior Malkavian Detective
Forum Moderator
I played STO for a while, but then didn't log in for a few months and the developer was sold so you needed a new account with that company which was a bit of a hassle to set up and I got frustrated and gave up, but then it got sold again and you needed another new account... I donno, but basically, I lost access to my account because they keep being bought by new companies when I wasn't paying attention. I think during all that, my credit card expired and I couldn't get in to change it so it messed my account up even more...

Okay game though. A bit rushed to launch and somewhat lacking in gameplay back when I played it.

I'm currently playing Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Of course the recent news of Bloodlines 2 made me feel another play-through was in order. :p

Its such an awesome game with a lot of great humor. The gameplay certainly shows its age, but it's not unplayable by any means.

And I love me my Malkavians!

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
I'm not actively playing any game currently apart from my current 'passive' staple, which is Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017).

The last few games I played were Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, The Banner Saga trilogy, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
  • I REALLY bloody liked Hellblade. It's a very unique narrative experience that was really well executed imo. Lots of emotional engagement; great visuals; and a surprisingly deep and very fun combat system
  • The Banner Saga 1 was just fantastic, but I really feel the latter two installments were not as good. Definitely worth a play though. Story in 1 was great; world was great; visuals were fantastic; and I got hooked on the gameplay of 3.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: The reboot series continues to surprise me with how fun it is. The first one's writing was atrocious, and still managed to have me enjoy it - which is not a common feat. Can't remember much from the second one apart from that I enjoyed it, and the visuals and gameplay felt polished. Not going to rush out and buy the third one, but do look forward to when I do play it.
lol, yeah, I stealth through those games as well, though with Human Revolution, any time I mess up, I just stand out in the open and get myself killed which takes only a second to do since I never spec into any of the defensive skills.
I often do it from a roleplay perspective, which I like doing. For the most part, ghosting is the only real way stealth-optional games would be remotely realistic in their narrative.

It's been many years since I played HR, but what I'd like to do for next time is to cheat or something, and play the game with all augments upgraded with maybe unlimited use, for a sort of 'canon' Jensen experience

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.
My favourite thing about VtMB was its gothic-punk aesthetic. I've never seen it in any other media; I hope they keep it for the next one.

Astor

C3F Member
Man, I played a lot of that last year when I got made redundant and they had some double xp weekends going on to prepare for the Gamma Quadrant expansion. Managed to get my Federation and Klingon captains to max, and got pretty far with a Romulan, too... I kind of lost interest after that, though - I wasn't that bothered about a Jem'Hadar character.

I liked the brief Discovery stuff they added, too - I might just have to play it again!

For myself, at the moment I've mostly been playing Fallout 4, simply because I can kill a few hours wasting ghouls and what-not. I've not had a console for a while, so I've been limited to PC games, but, Mods! :D

Rebel

C3F Member
At some point in time, I do actually want to try out Star Trek Online... the only problem is that I don't feel like I have the time to sink into it with everything else going on in my life.
I'll tell ya, getting to max level can be something of a grind, especially if you re-roll. But as Astor mentions if you can start playing on a double-XP weekend, you can really bank it out. But FYI, there's like ZERO replay value to the leveling experience. Levels 1-30 are similar, but different for Feds and Klingons, and Romulans have a unique 10ish-level into story, but that's it. There's no "take some quests in this zone instead of that one..." like a lot of MMOs. It's just A straight through to Z.

swphreak

C3F Member
Now that I finished binge watching Game of Thrones, I'm also resuming my first playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn. I liked what I played so far. Neat game.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
I'm also resuming my first playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn. I liked what I played so far. Neat game.
One of my favourite games of recent times... eventually, when I get myself a capture card, I want to do a reply of it on the hardest difficulty and complete it 100%.

m4v

C3F Member
Last weekend I was playing Descent.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Outside of the boss battles, I understand that the DC is just a buggier version of the original game, with downgraded graphics and the DLC missing link badly integrated into the main game.

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
Outside of the boss battles, I understand that the DC is just a buggier version of the original game, with downgraded graphics and the DLC missing link badly integrated into the main game.
Downgraded graphics...?
I haven't played the DC. But this sounds strange. Are you talking about the exclusion of the beloved 'piss-filter'?

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
I've played the original release and I own the Director's Cut on Steam. Don't know where you got that, but no. DC is neither buggier, nor are the graphics downgraded. The Missing Link is integrated into the main game, in the proper place in the story, but it is integrated as-is - meaning it plays the same as the original release, having its own praxis point pool and having you level up Adam from scratch, like the original release.

Kyuu

Catfish
Aside from the usual, I'm playing Excave III: Tower of Destiny on my DS. Nothing special, but it's a decent insight on a combat system that's different from what I usually play. I also tried the Theatrhythm demo (from the Final Fantasy franchise). Very interesting, to say the least.

Bob Lion54

Junior Malkavian Detective
Forum Moderator
I've been playing Super Mario Odyssey the past few days. Already beat Bowser, so now I'm doing all the post game stuff and getting all the Moons and Regional Coins I've missed.

Some of those Moons are a real pain to get...

Really wonderful game and I love how different all the many regions feel.

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
So if y'all don't know, the historic Notre Dame cathedral in France (yes the Notre Dame) caught fire and burned terribly.

Good guy Ubisoft has chosen to donate 500k Euro to the rebuilding effort, and, more pertinently, give away Assassin's Creed: Unity on PC for free for a limited time, from April 17 to April 25.

Unity, of course, takes place in France, and in the series' tradition, offers various historical buildings to scamper around in. One of those in-game is 18th century Notre Dame.

This is just simply fantastic. I haven't played Unity, but I remember playing II and Brotherhood and being simply enamored by the amazingly reproduced architecture in the games. To this day, I intend to go to Italy just to see the places featured in the game.

Ubisoft apparently really maximized on the 'virtual museum' aspect of their series with Origin, which offered a sort of educational mode to walk around the game environment in, which was well-received. I think in general this concept a great thing for video games as an art form.

You can get the game on offer here

Also, I just happened to be starting Rogue. Played ~5 minutes and got bored. This reminds me I should really get onto it..

Dama73

Unrepentant
I'm currently alternating between, Warframe, Star Trek Online, Tera and the occasional game of Fallout 4

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Playing Resident Evil 2 remake again, this time doing Leon A, Claire B since I did it the other way around on the first playthrough.

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
Playing Mortal Kombat 11 these days. I'm really enjoying the core game - the fighting - but the grind for all the numerous unlocks is very real and makes me want to ignore it completely, at least until the patch that should rebalance these things arrives in the next couple of days.

Haven't really had a chance to experiment with what's available in offline play and what requires me to be online, but I did notice that if the connection breaks, the game will still remember all the rewards you've earned, it just won't let you have them until you reconnect, which is pretty stupid in its own right, but at least it's better than having to repeat things just because you were offline.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@igyman: Man, I wouldn't put up with that at all. I mean, most people didn't let Microsoft get away with it when they tried to launch the Xbox One with such features... so why is everyone willing to put up with it now?

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
@igyman: Man, I wouldn't put up with that at all. I mean, most people didn't let Microsoft get away with it when they tried to launch the Xbox One with such features... so why is everyone willing to put up with it now?
Why are people putting up with it now, I'm not sure either TBH. For my part, I'm basically playing parts of the game that are fun for me and ignoring the rest. If they fix the rest, I'll give it another shot and if they don't, well, I AM playing on PC, so I'm sure there will eventually be ways around the bad parts without succumbing to their predatory monetization practices. ;)

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
@Lynk Former Not really. The way I handle gaming is by getting most of my games during major sales. The few games I get at launch I also get with a 25-30% discount, like I did with this game. Now, as long as I don't spend a single dime on any of those in-game purchases, I haven't succumbed to anything. So, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still ahead - I saved some money on the actual game purchase, I am having fun with the game I bought and I have no intention of spending a dime on in-game purchases. From my point of view, I'm giving their predatory practices the middle finger. ;)

EDIT: Did a quick test to see what's available in offline mode, since I know at least you were interested in this aspect, took some screenshots:
Notice also that my koins and time krystals are set to 0 when offline.

Last edited:

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@igyman: From my point of view... the moment they've recorded a sale from me is the moment I've given in to them and are encouraging them to do more of this instead of less.

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
@Lynk Former Well, that's a perfectly legit way of looking at things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to try to convince you to buy the game, I'm just giving my (not all positive) impressions on it and my general view on these things. Honestly, I hope both your way and mine send a message that some things are simply not OK in a full priced game.

Leon-McNichol

ADP Commander
O like Apex, although there have been some cheat using wall hacks and such and to me that should be a lifeban in my opinion but I'm not be one to fall into the micto tran hell either just to be a decent player. I think I do ok with what progress I have made.

Dama73

Unrepentant
so why is everyone willing to put up with it now?
Because people are stupid...
Forcing online connectivity in order to enjoy the full features of a game (ignoring multiplayer) is just dumb, but it seems that developers are forcing online features on everyone these days.

Leon-McNichol

ADP Commander
Got Gears of War re installed no thanks to MS Support they're about as helpful as a pack of lemmings at a cliffside. twitching this as well.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
I got myself an Elgato HD60 S capture device which means I'll be playing more console games on my stream. I've been playing nothing but things on my PC lately... and some emulated games lol.

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
I'm about 100 hours into Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Pretty neato game. It's whole schtick is being somewhat realistic (eg 'medieval without fantasy'), and not giving you anything for free. It's quite unforgiving ('like reality') and you have to straight work for proficiency/success. As a result, everything is quite satisfying when you do succeed.

It's also pretty historically accurate afaik in its medieval setting. As it was in history, Christianity plays a huge part in the "lore"/"worldbuilding" of the setting. I'm an agnostic these days, but was raised in Christianity myself, including some academic/historical knowledge. It's a real kick for me to see all the historical and cultural elements portrayed in-game.

It's a CryEngine 3 based game that looks like absolute ass on lower settings, but pretty fantastic on high. I have a decent GPU but a toaster of a CPU, and the game is an absolute grinder. But I'm making my way through alright.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Been taking a trip down memory lane with the original Destiny... I think I'll do a one-off stream going through some stuff in Destiny 1 before making a series out of Destiny 2 once it comes out on Steam in October.

Leon-McNichol

ADP Commander
#Fallout76 for the Most part on twitch if anyone even cares. Also just because Lynk has a discord doesn't mean everyone should shag off here and just post and talk there onit. HOW else wil others know of the forums THEN then discord ? Oo; Just a snack for thought there. And yes I include myself in this as well, Lynk resurrected the Forums and put up a discord, we should at least be considerate enough to use both!