• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

Xbox Game Pass ULTIMATE, is it worth it?

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator

Includes Xbox Live Gold and unlimited access to over 100 high-quality console and PC games
While the Sign up, for existing Xbox live Gold member is a Token $1, the rates are more.... but I buy xbox live prepaid cards from retailers when their on special offer. Such as buy 3 months, get 3 months free. As at the moment I have 24 months worth of gold, if I took the deal my 24 months of gold would be converted to 8 months of Ultimate.... Would it be worth it?

Last edited:

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
That's the whole streaming games thing right?

I have no idea... personally, I like to know that I own my games and in Australia, even if you buy things digital, the Australian government has put in place laws that ensure that digital items are 100% owned by the customer who bought them and the people who supply access to that product that we bought MUST provide access to that product forever.

Don't know how it works for other countries though and don't know what the game streaming scene is like but *shrugs* maybe you can try it out and tell us if it is worth the subscription based on what kind of internet you have.

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator
well I signed up and it appears I've kept my 24 months worth of gold converted to Ultimate, it appears that the conversion ratio is to do with new prepaid cards added to the account.

Ouch, what happens if the company went bust? who paying for that then?

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Ouch, what happens if the company went bust? who paying for that then?
Assuming someone picks up the properties that the company in question owns, then the new company would have to supply access to the game.

Otherwise, if no one picks it up... yeah... then no one because it's lost in limbo.

Maybe? I dunno, that situation hasn't happened yet so *shrugs*... at least, the companies that provide the service haven't gone bust like Microsoft. There have been publishers and developers that have gone bust who have games on a digital platform and the games are still there to download for anyone who bought them... they just can't be bought any more for people who missed out on buying them with the dev/pub was alive.

Dama73

Unrepentant
This is why I like my console games on a physical disc, theres no BS like when a game gets removed for whatever reason and it cant be downloaded ever again.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
This is why I like my console games on a physical disc, theres no BS like when a game gets removed for whatever reason and it cant be downloaded ever again.
Down here, when games are removed from the store, if you bought those games, you can continue to download and play them because you bought them in the first place.

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator
Also with the rapid changes in format, will you still be able to play those discs in the future, a year ago I found some very old game I loved playing as a kid on floppy disc. I would love to be able to play them for a hour or so for the fun of it. But Computers these days don't have 3.5 inch disk drives any more.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Disc rot is a thing and your discs can become unreadable after a few years potentially. Console digital games require the specific console hardware to play certain games, unless it's been ported to the next console like many Xbox games.

PC seems to be the best place in terms of digital download games.