• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

Anime Opening Theme Thread!

Kookee2k2

C3F Member
Post some of your favorite anime opening Themes!

Thess rules!
1) One per post
2) Why you like/love it
3) No spam! Wait for at least three others to post before posting another!...

with #3 being said, you'll only make make just scroll past your own posts if you post after post after post after post.

Include any remixes or translates is okay, but put em behind a 'spoiler' code

Last edited:

Kookee2k2

C3F Member
Let's start this one out STRONG!
ONE PUNCH MAN!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

I love it, it does encase everything about the character and the mood of the anime in on itself.
Although at the same time, it builds an intense hype factor of the anime as a whole, which is counter intuitive to the personality of the main character Saitama whom is everything BUT exciting. A being whom is so strong, can't actually "feel" anymore.

I do look forward to Season 2 coming up this month.

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
Thumbs up for One-Punch Man, LiSA's songs (speaking of her and SAO, I really enjoyed the first OP for SAO Alicization, which she did) and Kalafina/Yuki Kajiura stuff.

Now, while there are loads of choices I could add here, as a Fate/Type-moon fan, I'll start with the second OP for Fate/Zero, also by Kalafina:

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator
Himmm.. if old skool....

AD Police: To Protect and Serve

And the only time that theAD Police to be sucussful at taking down a combat boomer

darktruth

C3F Member
I have to add in one more Garden Of Sinners/Kara no Kyoukai movie theme song again sung by Kalafina XD. This was for the 5th movie.

Here's an official AMV for the 5th movie that came from the bonus DVD for Kalafina's "fairytale" limited edition single.

Last edited:

Bob Lion54

Junior Malkavian Detective
Forum Moderator
I've been loving this new anime on the Funimation app called My Roommate Is A Cat. The show is literally just about a guy that gets a cat for the first time. There's nothing magical or Science Fiction in the show, but it's really fun and a nice break from the usual anime conventions.

I love the theme and the opening credits and can't help but do a finger dance at the part where the cat's tail is "dancing." 😺

Kookee2k2

C3F Member
Well, crud. Considering that I mentioned it on the discord I might as well:
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken / That Time I Got Resurrected as a Slime

I really liked Slime Boi (slime boi best boi)
They got ALOT more story to tell, hopefully a season 2 is in the planning.

Synopsis: a 37-year old Middle Management man who works in logistics and construction, whom likes anime and manga, and is sadly single; Gets stabbed in the back by a random mugger who was attempting to kill a couple whom was subordinate to him in his company.

He wakes up in a world that plays out like video games, and he's a Slime.

Last edited:

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
WHat's the deal with so many of those "video game world" animes popping up all over the place? Is it because Sword Art Online became popular? I remember back in the day, Chobits had that one episode where the main characters played an online RPG together and it was a really good episode.

Speaking of Chobits...

Kyuu

Catfish
WHat's the deal with so many of those "video game world" animes popping up all over the place?
It isn't specifically video game world, but "isekai" (spirited away to a different world). They've been existing mostly as web novels and light novels for a while now. When the readership increased, they got manga adaptations and eventually, anime adaptations. Slime Datta Ken specifically has concluded its original format story already (web novel I think?) and the ending is AWESOME. The manga and anime aren't even halfway through the actual story.

Anyway:

From "Rise of the Shield Hero". The first season is mostly depressing and tragic because of Bitch, but if there's an underdog hero that truly deserves to be vindicated and raised up on a pedestal, it's the Shield Hero.

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
This is an ending theme, but whatever, there's really no point in making a separate thread for those, so I'm sharing it here :p

This is from the first season of Psycho-Pass, a pretty good cyberpunk anime with a Minority Report vibe, for those who haven't watched it.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Let's do something a little bit different for this one...

The opening for Super Dimension Fortress Macross... but with a comparison between the original version and the remake they made for the Blu-ray release.

Kyuu

Catfish
Blassreiter

The anime that contributed to my disinterest in watching anime. Everything that I watched after finishing the Blassreiter series just paled in comparison. Didn't help that I was watching Time of Eve around that time too, so all mainstream anime looked like utter shite to me lol

Dama73

Unrepentant
Overlord
Its like Slime in a way that the protag while waiting for the server shutdown of his favourite VR game suddenly as the timer hits zero finds that not only has his guilds npc's seemingly come alive, but he is now living as his character in a real life fantasy world, and the twist is that this protaganist is also the main bad guy, who ends up going full tyrant.

Last edited:

Dama73

Unrepentant
Not sure about posting this one since its classed as western animation over Anime, but wth I enjoyed it.

Leon-McNichol

ADP Commander

Why? I mean just listen to it, no matter how old it is gritty and has that Cyberpunk feel to it, and its cool to drive down the freeway to work and and imagining you're going to the scene of a Boomer crime.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
Been going through a marathon of One Piece lately and this has got to be my favourite ending theme out of the entire series...

One Piece

Full version:

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
The new season of Railgun is currently airing (Railgun T), so I've been listening to its OP and ED songs for the past few weeks. Here's the ED: