• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

Alien: Isolation

darktruth

C3F Member
This is probably one of the scariest games I've seen people play lol, I've watched one youtuber playthrough the entire game and there were a number of jumpscare moments that freaked me out despite not actually playing it myself 😅, I think I watched it more for the plot and area design of the Sevastopol station than the gameplay although the AI of the Xenomorph was pretty great (constantly on your ass once it shows up).

So who here has actually played this though? What were your experiences with the game and how did you find it?

jigos

Ahto Spaceport Cantina
I played it in 2014. I found it great, first of all for the extremely apparent sheer love that the devs made this game with. It is so faithful to the experience of the movie Alien, it's crazy. And the visual design was absolutely incredible -- it was like it 'ripped' straight from the movie (which it was iirc: Creative Assembly got terabytes of production data from the movies, to work with).
If I examine my thoughts on the game now, I seem to have a feeling that this was one of the best survival horror games I've played.. and, it was presented through an Alien instantiation.. which is like, the best use of the genre ever, lol

The big negative about the game was its length. It dragged on for ages and ages, and you basically got used to everything. If it just was one-third the length, it would have preserved the potency of the experience, and would have been perfect.

seen people play lol
TSK. You're supposed to be doing it yourself.. with the lights off, and sound-isolating headphones, in the middle of the night. 😋 (Which I actually do for all survival horror, lol)

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
After the total clusterfuck that was Colonial Marines, it was a huge sigh of relief to know that, at the very least, someone was able to make a decent video game adaptation of the Alien series.

It really is amazing how right everything looks, even down to the smallest detail. I also love that they focused on the lore of the first movie and didn't stray away from that to insert things like an Alien Queen, etc. They stuck to the basics and went from there.

...and that's probably what makes these kinds of adaptations bad. The temptation to put EVERYTHING in leads it to become a mess where because you want to acknowledge everything it becomes too bloated.

Alien: Isolation has the right amounts of everything because they focused on the few things that made the experience great.

darktruth

C3F Member
TSK. You're supposed to be doing it yourself.. with the lights off, and sound-isolating headphones, in the middle of the night. 😋(Which I actually do for all survival horror, lol)
If it's any better, I watched most of the playthroughs on my phone late at night in bed with the lights off :XD!:

One thing I would've liked to see more of was the Xenomorph interacting with the Androids, could've been handy in helping you get rid of the hostile ones when they spot you.

darktruth

C3F Member
heh :XD: already watched the playthrough of that Alien: Isolation sequel mobile game too. Happened to come across it mainly because I was looking to see if there was a sequel to the original and elaborated further on the plot of the game (especially after the ending lol).

It's funny seeing reports of many disappointed gamers once they found out that Alien: Blackout was just a mobile game and not a full platform console one.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
I guess, since I don't have any intention of playing any mobile game... I guess I'll watch a playthrough of it on YouTube or something... a non-commentary one.