• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

The Rising of the Shield Hero

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator

This is one anime that I had been reading the manga awhile ago and I'm looking forward to watching this as an anime. I hope it translate well to the anime format.

Naofumi Iwatani sees his life take a turn for the fantastical when an ancient book whisks him off to a new world. Once there, he discovers is the legendary shield hero, one of four powerful warriors destined to save the world from the Waves of Catastrophe.

Excited at this new opportunity for fame and adventure, Naomi sets out to realize his destiny… only to be betrayed by his first party and left without a cent to his name.

Now, he works alone, save for a companion named Raphtalia, and seeks to challenge the Waves without the help of the others. Thus begins a tale of a hero who will rise from nothing to save everything.

From what’s been shown of the series so far, The Rising of the Shield Hero looks to be a solid isekai series with some well realized fantasy elements. It also helps that it marks Crunchyroll’s first simul-dub title, with both the subbed and dubbed versions available the same day it streams in Japan.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
This is on my "must see" list but I haven't gotten around to it... maybe during the mid year break I'll sit down and watch some of it.

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator
it true finding the time to watch all these animes is hard, with the new job at least I have 4 out of 5 weekends back. so after my next sat working I'll think I'll sit back and watch something

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
I've seen this anime mentioned quite often, but I'm wondering if it's actually worth watching or is it just one of those seasonal time-wasters that you forget afterwards. If anyone here has seen it, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator
I'm read the manga and I liked it, as it was quite a change to the usual hero set up, he in my feeling is more an anti-hero. He didn't become the hero because he choose to be it, and it's the 1 hero of 4 that almost everybody else doesn't trust. I can't say any more as I haven't had the chance to watch it yet. But its on my watch list

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
I've seen this anime mentioned quite often, but I'm wondering if it's actually worth watching or is it just one of those seasonal time-wasters that you forget afterwards. If anyone here has seen it, I'd love to hear your impressions.
Yeah, I've been burned a few times with 12/13 episode runs of anime that seem like they should go on for much longer because it's pretty clear that it's only the introduction part of the manga being converted into an anime.