• Welcome to C3F!

As a guest, you have limited access to the forum, but if you join C3F today, you'll receive a free moo cow delivered straight to your home*.

* While supplies last! Moo cows can only be delivered to permanent residents of Earth. Only ONE (1) moo cow per person.

The Outer Worlds

Hawkeye

Spammer Hitman
Forum Moderator

The Outer Worlds is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Private Division. The game will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows on October 25, 2019.

The game is set in a future where megacorporations have begun colonizing and terraforming alien planets. Originally bound for the furthest reaches of the galaxy, a colony ship's faster-than-light travel goes astray, leaving it abandoned at the edge of colony space. The player character awakens on board from cryosleep only to find that most of the passengers are still in hibernation, and begins a journey to a nearby colony to investigate the true nature of the corporations. The game features several factions and a branching story that reacts to the player's choices.
This sounds intresting, as it got the hall marks of Total Recall, slash Bubblegum crisis, Robo cop with a sci fi mix

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
Might check it out once the Epic store exclusivity BS ends and the game comes to Steam and other PC stores. Until then I don't really care.

igyman

Lifelong LFN Member
@Hawkeye The Epic store lacks basic features, such as a shopping cart and user reviews, it's also not very customer-friendly, especially when it comes to refunds (as far as I know) and, of course, there's the whole aggressive introduction of store exclusivity that they have going on.

Lynk Former

Shameless...
Administrator
@Hawkeye: I've never liked the idea of store exclusivity on PC and do not support developers/publishers who practice such a thing in regards to PC games. So this game along with all the other Epic Store exclusives are off my shopping list. Just as how previously exclusive Windows store games were off my shopping list. Thankfully, Microsoft has turned around from that policy.